Dark, unlighted parking lots are prime spots for the perpetration of crime, be it petty or serious. Bad elements appreciate the unsafe qualities of such a place and frequent it with the hope of targeting their next victims. It’s not unsafe for just the people, either. Business establishments that these unlighted parking lots serve may also fall victim to the unpleasant possibilities brewing in the nearby darkness.
Of course, it seems pointlessly costly to keep the lights on during the hours that the parking lot is presumably not in use, but do you really want to provide a place where evil can lurk after hours? How do you keep your parking lot well-lit in a cost effective and sustainable way? The answer is in solar parking lot lights.
How do solar parking lot lights work? They capture solar energy, which they then store in batteries and convert into electricity when it gets dark. If you own a business, whether it’s an office or a shop, investing in solar lights for your parking lot is a very smart step to take.
What are the advantages of installing solar parking lot lights?
1. Lower electricity bill – Understandably, you don’t get charged for the power that you source from the sun. You get the benefits of regular electric lighting without the costs. You can then save the difference and put it toward another worthwhile investment.
2. Lights even during a city-wide power failure – You (or your parking lot, at least) will be spared from power outages and be unaffected by grid problems. Your parking lot will be like a beacon of light in a world of darkness.
3. Increased safety and security in and around your business premises – With solar lamps lighting your parking lot, it (and its immediate environment) is much safer, discouraging the presence of unsavory characters.
4. Support for the function of different safety features – With your parking lot well-lighted, safety devices can serve their purpose better. For instance, CCTV cameras can capture clearer images. You can even get lights with motion sensors. They become brighter when they detect movement.
5. Increased nighttime pedestrian traffic and the community’s thanks – Your customers wouldn’t hesitate to do business with you after dark. People would also choose to walk through or by your parking lot. This means more eyes to watch out for your business. They will definitely appreciate the safety and security those lights offer.
There is no denying the benefits of using solar lighting and the world is beginning to take notice. You can gain those benefits as well as a reputation for being green and progressive by investing in solar parking lot lights.